Open from 15/03 to 31/10.
14th century fortified castle, classified as a Historical Monument, Colombières gives your stay an unforgettable romantic backdrop: round towers, water-filled moat, with a bridge as the only was of reaching the inner courtyards and well-groomed gardens featuring a pond. Charles and Claire de Maupeou will give you a wearm welcome to this estate where their family has lived for 300 years. They’ll tell you all about the fortress’s exciting history and recommend heritage and tourist spots to visit Normandy. You are bound to feel part of th efamily and château life.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 1 bedroom and 2 suites spacious and confortable with private bath or shower and WC.
(Period furniture). Queen size beds.
CateringVery good approved restaurants nearby.
Leisure on site
- guided tour of the historical château and vegetable garden Exhibition
- the owners recommend the Battle of Normandy discovery route and the Marais regional natural park
- on site tennis court
- many golf courses nearby with particularly the course at Omaha beach (18 + 9 holes)
- possibility of sailing and horse-riding 12 kms/7,5 miles away
- the beaches of the Normandy Landings
- Bayeux: a town of artistic interest, with a cathedral and the famous tapestry
- Caen: a historical town; the Peace Museum
- Mont-Saint-Michel:one of the wonders of the Western World
- Michelin map N° 54, fold N° 14, indicaded "Monument Historique".
- From Bayeux, take the RN13, in the direction of Cherbourg, take the exit marked Formigny. Take the D30 towards Trévières then take the D29 and the D5.
- helicopter landing opportunity in the park
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seasonal opening
- Welcoming families