La Croix de la Voulte is a very old rendez-vous of the Royal Hunt built from the XVth to the end of the XVIIth century. The Hunt of the Kings of France would meet there before turning back; “faire voulte” means “turn back” in old French. The property comprises several dwellings in white Loire tufa stone, situated around a large, shady, flowery courtyard. Rooms with period furnishings and modern comfort.
Location and contact
► Blue Gift Key available - More
Extra bed : 33 €
Breakfast : Included Payment accepted : Check
Bank transfer Opening period : Open from Easter to October. Restauration : Very good approved restaurants nearby. languages : English
German To come : - From Saumur: from the railway station, take the D229 for 4 kms (2.5 miles) in the direction of Angers. La Croix de la Voulte is signposted just between the village of St-Lambert des Levées and the Château de Boumois.
- Michelin maps N° 67, fold N° 8, and N° 64, fold N° 12. Pets : Pets not allowed.
- 1 twin-bedded room with private bath or shower and WC.
- The enormous fireplaces in the "Anjou" and "Touraine" bedrooms date from the XVth century.
- swimming pool Nearby leisure : - Saumur: the Château, the National Horse-riding School, visits to wine cellars
- The Royal Abbey in Fontevraud
- numerous inhabited châteaux on the Routes du Roi René (it seems he stayed in La Croix de la Voulte)
- the underground world of the cave-dwellers