The château is located less than 3 kilometers from the historic district of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, with its large beach, and from the Spanish border. It has belonged to the same family since 1341. It was enlarged in the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries. Louis XI stayed there in 1463 and Louis XIV erected the estate as a viscount in 1654. Soult and Wellington visited in 1813. Entirely renovated, and decorated with furniture of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the château offers its guests a beautiful park of 6 hectares and a large outdoor pool.
Location and contact
breakfast : 12 € Payment accepted : Cash, check, holiday vouchers, credit card: mastercard, visa Opening period : from April 28th to November 2nd Restauration : Restaurant in the farm of the domain at 500 m - menu at 37 €
Restaurants in surrounding area languages : English To come : A63 motorway exit, Saint Jean-de-Luz Sud - At the first roundabout follow the Château d'Urtubie sign.
From Saint Jean-de-Luz train station, D810 direction Urrugne / Hendaye
walk in the park of 6 hectares Nearby leisure : Visit of Saint Jean-de-Luz, Biarritz, Bayonne, Saint-Sebastien, Basques villages.