Located close to Mont-Saint-Michel, this jewel of the 17th-century was built by Gilles Ruellan in 1620. A major site of the Breton Royalist insurgency, the castle welcomed Balzac, Victor Hugo and Musset. Chateaubriand spoke highly of its beautiful gardens, today recreated in the intimate Mannerist style. Many artists of the time stayed here and this tradition continues as its owners invite you to take a step back into the past. The castle and gardens are both listed.
Location and contact
► Gold Gift Key available - More
Extra bed : 40 €
Breakfast : 20 € Payment accepted : American Express
Credit cards Opening period : Open all year. Restauration : Simple evening meals are available at the castle on reservation. languages : English To come : - From Rennes or Mont Saint-Michel via the RN175 dual carriageway.
- Signposted from Antrain-Tremblay-Bazouges la Pérouse. On the A84, take exit 30 then follow the D155 in the direction of Saint-Malo or exit 31, then D15 direction Antrain.
- The castle is signposted from Antrain. Pets : Pets not allowed.
- 1 room with separate shower room and WC
- 1 room with separate bathroom and WC
- 2 rooms with bathroom and WC
- 1 suite with living area and separate bathroom and WC
- Four-poster beds
- Antique furniture and 17th and 18 th-century wooden panelling
- heated pool
- superb view over the countryside
- lounges with log fires
- wine tasting
- contemporary art exhibitions
- games room for children
- outdoor sauna and spa Nearby leisure : - horse riding
- horse-drawn carriage rides around Mont Saint-Michel Bay
- good food and beaches (30 km)
- Combourg (14 km)
- Fougères (25 km)
- restaurants in Cancale (35 km)
- Saint Malo (40 km)
To book online, click the button below :Booking online