Open all year.
Located close to Mont-Saint-Michel, this jewel of the 17th-century was built by Gilles Ruellan in 1620. A major site of the Breton Royalist insurgency, the castle welcomed Balzac, Victor Hugo and Musset. Chateaubriand spoke highly of its beautiful gardens, today recreated in the intimate Mannerist style. Many artists of the time stayed here and this tradition continues as its owners invite you to take a step back into the past. The castle and gardens are both listed.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 4 rooms and 1 suite :
- 1 room with separate shower room and WC
- 1 room with separate bathroom and WC
- 2 rooms with bathroom and WC
- 1 suite with living area and separate bathroom and WC
- Four-poster beds
- Antique furniture and 17th and 18 th-century wooden panelling
CateringSimple evening meals are available at the castle on reservation.
Leisure on site
- intimate classical and Mannerist gardens, and a maze
- heated pool
- superb view over the countryside
- lounges with log fires
- wine tasting
- contemporary art exhibitions
- games room for children
- outdoor sauna and spa
- horse riding
- horse-drawn carriage rides around Mont Saint-Michel Bay
- good food and beaches (30 km)
- Combourg (14 km)
- Fougères (25 km)
- restaurants in Cancale (35 km)
- Saint Malo (40 km)
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Open all year
- Payment by credit card
- Swimming pool
- Welcoming families
Romantic Honey Moon
Well-being stay at Château de La Ballue
Historical heritage stay at Château de la Ballue
- From Rennes or Mont Saint-Michel via the RN175 dual carriageway.
- Signposted from Antrain-Tremblay-Bazouges la Pérouse. On the A84, take exit 30 then follow the D155 in the direction of Saint-Malo or exit 31, then D15 direction Antrain.
- The castle is signposted from Antrain.