14th century fortified castle, classified as a Historical Monument, Colombières gives your stay an unforgettable romantic backdrop: round towers, water-filled moat, with a bridge as the only was of reaching the inner courtyards and well-groomed gardens featuring a pond. Charles and Claire de Maupeou will give you a wearm welcome to this estate where their family has lived for 300 years. They’ll tell you all about the fortress’s exciting history and recommend heritage and tourist spots to visit Normandy. You are bound to feel part of th efamily and château life.
Location and contact
► Gold Gift Key available - More
Extra bed : 40 €
Breakfast : 12 € Payment accepted : Mastercard and Visa credit cards Opening period : Open from 15/03 to 31/10. Restauration : Very good approved restaurants nearby. languages : English fluently To come : - Michelin map N° 54, fold N° 14, indicaded "Monument Historique".
- From Bayeux, take the RN13, in the direction of Cherbourg, take the exit marked Formigny. Take the D30 towards Trévières then take the D29 and the D5.
(Period furniture). Queen size beds.
- the owners recommend the Battle of Normandy discovery route and the Marais regional natural park
- on site tennis court
-Walks through the Marshes
Nearby leisure : - golf at Omaha beach (18 + 9 holes), sailing, horse-riding, Norman chateaus and gardens.
- D-Day beaches, Pointe du Hoc, museums and military graveyards
-Mont-Saint-Michel: Wonder of the West
- Bayeux: a town of artistic interest, with a cathedral and the famous tapestry
- Caen: a historical town; the Peace Museum