In the superb surroundings of the Thouet Valley, alongside a beautiful village, soars Château de Saint-Loup, one of the most attractive Henri IV-Louis XIII period chateaux in France, and its medieval Keep. 120 acres of grounds and listed gardens including a unique working orangery. This chateau enjoys the charm of a house that has belonged to the same family for several generations. Ideal for destination weddings.
Location and contact
Breakfast : 15 €
Opening period : Open all year, pre-booking. Restauration : Quality restaurant at the entrance languages : German
English To come : - From the A10 Motorway Châtellerault North exit, take the D725 to Airvault, then the D46 to Saint-Loup-Lamairé. The chateau is at the entrance to the village.
- Michelin map N° 232, fold N° 45. Pets : Pets allowed
- marvellous tree-filled grounds, jardens of the Orangery and its collection of citrus fruits
- wonderful view of chateau and grounds from the keep Nearby leisure : - fishing in the main canal
- 18-hole golf course (35 km)
- riding (10 km)
- tennis courts
- swimming pool
- windsurf at Cébron artificial lake (5 km)
- Lac du Cébron (2,5 km)
The mediaeval towns of Parthenay and Thouars (20 km), Oiron Chateau (wall-paintings), many Romanesque churches including Airvault and Saint-Jouin-de-Marnes.