The Château de Prye, an imposing seigniorial residence dating from the Middle Ages, belonged to a Polish queen in the 17th century and stands on a large estate listed as a historic monument, encircled by 7km of walls. The current grounds were designed by E. André and H. Duchêne 150 years ago. The marble-panelled stables are the only ones of their kind in France. The owners and their young children are delighted to welcome guests to the comfortable, warm lounges and rooms.
Location and contact
► Blue Gift Key available - More
2 Suites : 145 - 180 €
Extra bed : 25 €
Breakfast : Included
Dinner : 35 € Payment accepted : Credit cards Opening period : Late April to early October Restauration : - Table d'hôtes on reservation
- Restaurants nearby languages : Dutch
English To come : - A77 to Nevers, exit 36: at roundabout take D978 Château Chinon road (2km); turn right on D18 towards Sauvigny-les-Bois/La Machine; continue through Sauvigny, then continue another 5km on the D18, the railings are on the left on this road.
- Médiéval suite: room with double bed, small lounge (2 additional single beds can be added), bathroom
- Paons room: double bed, bathroom
- l’Evêque room: double bed, bathroom
- Favard room: double bed, bathroom Our cottages and furnished in dependencies:"Le Pavillon du Château de Prye" - 4 persons - 3 stars
"Les Grilles de Prye" pour 2 persons
- table tennis
- bridle paths
- fishing Nearby leisure : - horse riding centre
- swimming centre (pool) 5km away
- golf and go-karting (Nevers – Magny-cours circuit) 15km away
- green lanes (cycling) 15km away
- canoeing 15km away
-Route 6/7 kms.