From April 15th to October 15th
English, French, Russian
This small, 19th century château, just 15 min from the sea, lies at the heart of a 200 hectare estate surronded by the Brière Natural Park, salt marshes and two estuaries. You will receive a warm welcome from Gwenaël de la Monneraye who, helped by his wife Raphaëlle, has really thrown himself into the upkeep of this land where his family has lived since 1545. Coët Caret is an exceptionnally peaceful place, making is the ideal destination for nature lovers and the perfect spot for a relaxing stay. The bedrooms are welcoming and confortable, and they serve a traditional breakfast. The rooms are brightened up by fresh flower arrangements made by the owners. The estate is home to remarkable trees and plants plus extensive wildlife that is easy to spot.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 3 double rooms, with private bath or shower and WC.
- 1 twin-bedded room, with private shower and WC.
- Double bedrooms : from 100€ to 120€
- Twin bedroom : 85€
Additional bed : 28€ (until 11 years old)
- 4 good inns within 5 to 10 minutes, Michelin-starred restaurants just 20 minutes away and all types of restaurants close by.
A cold meal faeturing local produce can be provided whan booking in advance
Leisure on site
- lounge with billiards,
- outdoor play equipment,
- table tennis,
- walks in the grounds,
- private chapel,
- botanic trail,
- widlife watching,
- free WIFI.
- two 18-hole golf courses (12 km/7.5 miles away)
- boating in the marshlands of La Brière regional nature reserve
- the beaches of the Côte d'Amour and the seaside resort of La Baule (20 kms/12 miles away)
- several fishing harbours
- the medieval town of Guérande (15 kms/8.5 miles away)
- the Saint-Nazaire Ecomuseum
- the Ocearium at Le Croisic
- Escale Atlantique Saint-Nazaire
- From Nantes , head towards Vannes on the N165. take exit 13 and follow signs for Herbignac via the D33 then the D51 and at the roundabout follow the D47 towards Herbignac. The entrance is on the left 600m further on
- look out for the sign. Follow the private drive for 350 m to the cahteau.
GPS : 47°25'06''N/2°18'18''O
latitude : 47.416940 N
- longitude : 2.305230 O
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Seasonal opening
- Welcoming families