Open all year round.
16th century Manor. It was built on the orders of Robert de Thumery in 1535 during the reign of François I and completed in 1550 under Henri II by Claude de Lorraine, first Duke of Guise. On many occasions it was here that Henri IV came to hunt. In 1679, a chapel dedicated to St Peter and St Paul was built here. In 1893, the Windsors, who were English Industrialists, made the Hermos manor their family estate. Situated only 70 minutes from Paris, the manor nestles at the heart of a 12 hectare park, planted with several different species of trees. Many delightful views of the walkway and the lake can be enjoyed. This peaceful park truly evokes the spirit of Normandy.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 2 bedrooms have bathroom with WC :
- The "Peony" room, 1 double bed and 2 singles, view over the walkway and the lake.
- The "Hydrangea" room, 1 double bed and 1 single, view over the orchard and the apple trees.
Our gites and furnished in outbuildings
- "le Clos" for 10 persons
- 3 stars
Leisure on site
- guests can enjoy pond-fishing
- mountain biking
- french billiards
- Banquetting ans seminar rooms and accomodation for 60 people on the site.
- riding schools
- swimming pools
- windsurfing and canoeing
- guests can enjoy visits to the Bec Hellouin Abbey, the Champ de Bataille Château with its 18 hole golf course, the Harcourt Château and its Arboretum
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Open all year
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Welcoming families
- Michelin map N° 55, fold 15.
- From Paris, Rouen or Caen take the A13 then A28 to junction 13 "Domaine d'Harcourt". Go left on the D438 for 400 m then right on the D92 for 1,5 km.
- From Evreux on the N13. Turn right at the junction "Les Quatre Routes" onto the D840 to Le Neubourg and then Epégard. After Le Gros Theil turn left onto the D92 and follow the signs "Hermos".
- From Alençon and Bernay, take the A28 to junction 13 then follow the instructions above.