Open all year.
Château de Vollore, which has been owned by the same family for more than two centuries, is the Auvergne home of the descendants of the General Marquis de La Fayette, who welcome guests to their home as they would welcome friends. The Château, the oldest parts of which date from the 12th century, offers lounges with refined décor, a considerable amount of period furniture and also numerous family heirlooms which relate in particular to General de La Fayette and the American War of Independance. The Château is set in an outstanding location, with fantastic views of the Auvergne Mountains, la Limagne and la Dore, and is surrounded by terraced grounds.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 4 rooms and 1 suite :
- Blue Room, with boudoir, bathroom, wc (71m2), 150 cm double bed and panoramic views
- Green Room, with bathroom, wc (20 m2), 140cm bed and views over the grounds (1guest)
- Yellow Room, vith bathroom, shower room, wc and walk-in wardrobe (58 m2), 2x80 cm double bed
- Pink Room, with bathroom and wc (27 m2), 2x90 cm or 180 cm double bed
1 Adrienne de La Fayette suite, with bathroom, shower/wc and additional bedroom (split-level) (63 m2), beds: 2x90 cm and 90 cm.
CateringRestaurant reservations on request.
Leisure on site
- a synthetic grass tennis court
- an attractive swimming pool with an extensive surround
- competition French billiards table
- walks in the Livradois-Forez regional natural park
- Thiers (14 km)
- Clermont-Ferrand and Vichy 45 minutes away
- Animaux : Pets allowed.
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seasonal opening
- Swimming pool
- Welcoming families
- Take the A89, exit at Thiers west, then follow the D960 to Courpière, then the D7 to Vollore-Ville; or exit the motorway at Thiers east, then follow the N89 and D7 via Celles-sur-Durolle to Vollore-Ville. From the A89 exit to Vollore : allow 15 minutes.