Open all year.
Château de Praisnaud, where beauty and calm reign, is a haven of peace at the heart of a triangle formed by the cities of Angoulême, Poitiers and Limoges. It was built in the 16th century and includes a corps de logis and two conical-roofed towers on an estate of around 100 hectares of woodland and meadows. This unspoilt site is situated in Charente Limousine, between the Atlantic coast and the Limousin, with its green valleys, woodlands and rivers.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- Spacious rooms with woodwork, personalised décor and period furniture.
Leisure on site
- golf course
- horse riding
- swimming pool and canoeing on the Vienne river
Museums in Angoulême and Limoges, La rochefoucauld and Rochecouart châteaux, Verteuil church.
- TGV, Ruffec station (Charente).
- Limoges airport.
- By road, on leaving Confolens, head towards Angoulême on the D951, take the turning for Ambernac, around 4km later in Saint-Martin hamlet turn left towards Alloue, then 500m later turn left to Praisnaud.
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Open all year
- Welcoming families