Open all year, by reservation in winter.
Italian, German, English, French
Situated in the heart of the Vendée’s high copse, at 7 km from The Puy du Fou spectacle, immediately next to the little market town, mention of the The Flocellière Castle appears in documents dating from the 11th century. A magnificent medieval keep and a wing from the former orangery dominate a park planted with hundred years-old trees. The Vicomtesse Erika Vignial and her husband, a lover of history, are thrilled to welcome their guests to dine with them and to offer advice on excursions in the area.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 3 double rooms and 2 suites with private facilities, bath and/or shower and wc.
- The rooms are spacious with high quality bedding
- Four poster or column beds.
- Wifi access.
Our gites and furnished in outbuildings"Le Donjon" for 10 persons
"Le Logis" for 12 persons
"Le Pavillon" for 15 persons
Function rooms in the Château outbuildings and accomodation for groups (90 beds)
CateringDinner with the owners in the château (reservation required). Restaurants nearby.
Leisure on site
- Large lounge and dining room with fireplace, panelling, painted ceilings, billiards and library with grand piano, family furniture and paintings
- 15 hectares of grounds with lake
- Heated swimming pool in season
- 2 houses for rent in the grounds (10 to 14 people)
- Tennis (1/4 mile)
- Golf (16 miles)
- Horse-riding (3 miles)
- Puy du Fou spectacle (4 miles) : reservations possible
- Green Venice (30 miles)
- Atlantic Ocean (43 miles) and the Loire chateaux.
- Animaux : Pets allowed.
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seasonal opening
- Seminar room
- Swimming pool
- Table d'hôtes
- Welcoming families
- Michelin map N° 517.
- From Nantes or Angers, A87, exit n° 28 Puy du Fou, direction Pouzauges. At Saint-Michel-Mont-Mercure, turn left to La Flocellière. At the church, turn left into "Rue du château".