The stronghold of the Bellay family for 350 years, this castle is classified as a historical monument. It was built between the 14th and 18th centuries and has retained all its imposing presence and majesty. Come and discover the history of Gizeux and the families who shaped the history of the castle. Browse its painted galleries, lounges, kitchen, stables, and park. Enjoy the calm of this exceptional place, within an enchanting natural park.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 5 rooms with private showers and wc
- 1 suite for 4 people comprising 2 bedrooms and 1 shower room and private wc
- 1 room accessible for disabled persons
- 1 flat for 6 people
Double bedrooms : from €145 to €195
Suite : €250
Additional bed : €25
Dinner: €42 (1 bottle of vine and coffee included)
Our gites and furnished in outbuildings
- The "Contades" appartment-Gîte for 4 to 7 people (€1150 to €1500 / week) is located in a Renaissance wing of the castle, not in an outbuilding.
CateringGood seasonal family cooking. Dinners at the château require booking (no dinner on sunday evening).
Breakfast is served in the dining room or in your bedroom.
Leisure on site
- Hunting with hounds
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- guided tour of the Château
Depending on summer scheduling: children's events
- Tennis in the village
- 18-hole golf course (18 km away)
- Châteaux de Langeais, Villandry, Azay-le-Rideau, Saumur, Fontevrault Abbey, Champchevrier, Le Lude. Wineries and vineyards of Bourgueil and Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil, Chinon, Saumur.
- Handicap access
- Open all year
- Payment by credit card
- Swimming pool
- Table d'hôtes
- Welcoming families
- From Angers, Saumur take the A85, exit n° 4 Bourgueil, go through or round Bourgueil via the D749, get back onto the D35, take the D749, Gizeux is 12km from Bourgueil. From Tours, take the A85, exit n° 7 Langeais, go to Langeais, take the D15 via La Rouchouze, Les Essards, Continvoir, Gizeux is 18 km away from Langeais. From Paris, Le Mans, take the A28, Château du Loir exit, go through Château du Loir, take the D10 which becomes the D35 in Indre-et-Loire. At Château-la-Vallière take the D749, go through Chanay, Rillé, Gizeux is 18 km from Château-la-Vallière. Michelin map N° 64.