Open all year round, booking required.
Stronghold of the Le Bellay family for 350 years, this château is listed as a historic monument. In the heart of Anjou, it was built in the 14th-century and has kept all its presence and majesty. It is the largest private residence in the “Touraine Angevine”. An authentic setting and the presence of the family that lives there now.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 5 rooms with private showers and wc
- 1 suite for 4 people comprising 2 bedrooms and 1 shower room and private wc
- 1 room accessible for disabled person
- 1 flat for 6 persons
Our gites and furnished in outbuildings
- appartment-Gîte "Contades" for 4 to 7 persons situated in one of the wings Renaissance (1150 to 1500€ / week).
CateringGood seasonal family cooking. Dinners at the château require booking (no dinner on sunday evening).
Breakfast is served in the dining room or in your bedroom.
Leisure on site
- Hunting with hounds
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- guided tour of the Château
Depending on summer scheduling: children's events
- Tennis in the village
- 18-hole golf course (18 km away)
- Châteaux de Langeais, Villandry, Azay-le-Rideau, Saumur, Fontevrault Abbey, Champchevrier, Le Lude. Wineries and vineyards of Bourgueil and Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil, Chinon, Saumur.
- From Angers, Saumur take the A85, exit n° 4 Bourgueil, go through or round Bourgueil via the D749, get back onto the D35, take the D749, Gizeux is 12km from Bourgueil. From Tours, take the A85, exit n° 7 Langeais, go to Langeais, take the D15 via La Rouchouze, Les Essards, Continvoir, Gizeux is 18 km away from Langeais. From Paris, Le Mans, take the A28, Château du Loir exit, go through Château du Loir, take the D10 which becomes the D35 in Indre-et-Loire. At Château-la-Vallière take the D749, go through Chanay, Rillé, Gizeux is 18 km from Château-la-Vallière. Michelin map N° 64.
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Handicap access
- Open all year
- Payment by credit card
- Swimming pool
- Table d'hôtes
- Welcoming families