Open all year. During winter: upon reservation.
Elie and Anne Crouan will be delighted to welcome you, as friends, to their enchanting family home which dates back to the eighteenth century. This comfortable haven of peace and nature is surrounded by beautiful gardens at the edge of the immense Forest of Chambiers. The architectural and cultural heritage of the château are perfectly representative of the Loire Valley and Anjou – as are the gastronomy and the wines we serve. For golf, with just under 10 gaming sites, the region offers a wide range of quality courses. At Chambiers, you will discover a château where charm and warm greetings are not empty words. Savour your stay either resting by the fireplaces in the lounges, strolling in the gardens, or by plunging into the heated swimming pool.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 1 suite
- 5 rooms extremely calm and spacious bedrooms with a private bathroom and/or shower and wc, period furniture, canopied four-poster beds.
- 1 apartment
- A fireplace in each room with views over the grounds and gardens, double exposure for the Camp du drap d'Or, Caroline and Pierre Loti rooms.
- The furniture or decor in the bedroom takes you back in time, each evoking a precious family memory.
Our gites and furnished in outbuildingsThe cottage The Orangery: house of 140 m ², 9 beds , 3 rooms
The cottage The House of the Gardener: house of 115m ², 3 rooms 9 beds
The cottage The Oak: flexible with the cottage the Orangery, 3 rooms, 16 beds
- Table d'hôte meals are available upon reservation: a candle-lit dinner served with vegetales from the kitchen garden and initiation into regional wines. Gourmet dinner, vegetarian option on request.
Candle-lit dinner : 36,50 or 49,50 € per person
Leisure on site
- Swimming pool
-Golf Pitch & Putt
- Spacious lounge and dining room with open fireplaces
- painted ceilings
- antique floors and period furniture
- billiards; tours of the gardens and park
- country walks
-walks in forest
- Mountain bikes available subject to reservation
- table tennis
- board games
- outdoor play-park : croquet, boules pitch, giant chessboard
- historical documentation and information for tourists
- reading material
- 2 gîtes in the grounds
- Swimming pool
- tennis courts
- fishing (1.2 miles)
- horse-riding (2.5 miles)
- water-based activities (9.3 miles)
- 4 golf courses (12.5 to 18.5 miles)
- Le Mans: racing circuit (28 miles)
- Angers: the château, old town centre, the Tapestries of the Apocalypse
- Saumur (31 miles) and the Châteaux of the Loire
- The Loir Valley and the châteaux Plessis-Bourré, Montgeofroy, Le Lude...
- Le Puy du fou
- Le Mont Saint-Michel
- Terra Botanica.
- From Paris: take the A11 motorway, and leave at the Durtal exit. Drive through the village towards Angers, cross the bridge over the river Loir and, 200 metres after the bridge, turn left towards Baugé. Continue for another 300 metres and then turn right towards Jarzé. Drive another 3 kilomètres (2 miles) and you will come to Château de Chambiers on the left.
- Animaux : Dogs or cats permitted if well-behaved: 12.50 €.
- Open all year
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seminar room
- Swimming pool
- Table d'hôtes
- Welcoming families