In the Loire Valley, a true haven of peace, warm and comfortable, nestled on the edge of a huge forest and nature reserve.
This delicious 18th century family château, where Elie and Anne Crouan welcome you as friends, is ideal for an enchanted break. The castle is set in delightful and perfectly designed gardens, surrounded by a 40-ha park with shaded bridle paths for walking or riding.
The Château de Chambiers is an ideal starting point for discovering a region rich in historical, architectural, cultural, natural, and elegant heritage. This heritage is widely spread throughout Anjou, the Loire Valley and the Loir Valley. You will be delighted!
Golfers: the region offers you a wide choice of quality courses and at Chambiers itself an onsite pitch and putt course which will allow you to relax and train.
Elie and Anne Crouan welcome you with an informal friendliness. Their hospitality is refined and full of delicate attention. You will discover a château where charm and gentleness are not empty words. Savor your stay, by the fire in frosty weather, and in the gardens in summer, or by the heated swimming pool.
Our rooms in the castle
- 5 spacious rooms, all different, they benefit from modern comforts while retaining the charm of yesteryear. These rooms, with their furniture and decoration, all evoke the history of our family and will take you back in time. They all overlook the park and gardens. All have a bath and/or private shower and WC, most of the beds are four-poster beds. Everything contributes to a change of scenery, relaxation, and well-being for your pleasure throughout your stay. Special mention with a double exposure for the following rooms: the Caroline, the Pierre Loti, and the Camp du Drap d´Or.
- 1 two-bedroom apartment for families.
In the Park, a stone’s throw from the castle, there is the delicious Pavillon de France
- An enchanted retreat, the suite at the Pavillon de France for one or two people. A pretty terrace and the private garden protect your privacy. In the living room, a comfortable sofa to relax on and have a good time by the fireplace, a kitchenette for private dinettes, an unusual glass-roofed bathroom overlooking the undergrowth. The bedroom is upstairs and will delight you with its large four-poster bed.
Our cottages in the gardens
- The cottages for stays with family, friends or groups have been restored in a family home spirit. They are spacious, comfortable, and warm. When renting the gîtes, you will have a charming interior courtyard and we provide you with the Artist’s Workshop for a maximum capacity of 35 people.
A wedding, a private reception, a family celebration, a cousin-fest or a reunion with friends, we are here to support you. We had the pleasure of hosting more than 320 private receptions in the romantic and rural setting of our estate. Listening to your requirements, offering you our experience, accompanying you, without imposing, throughout the preparation is in our DNA. Do not hesitate to contact us.
Seminars, promotions, work meetings, product presentations, conventions … For companies, trusting Elie and Anne Crouan and choosing Château Chambiers means combining efficiency and the pleasure of working in a harmonious and appropriate environment. We are committed to your objectives and respond as quickly as possible to any request for a tailor-made quote. Several rooms and lounges are dedicated to you:
- The Gallery, bathed in natural light, 355 m² of modular spaces can accommodate from 4 to 400 people.
- The Atelier d ‘Artistes, a half-timbered building in the inner courtyard of the cottages, can accommodate up to 30 people.
- 3 lounges in the château for up to 15 people in each lounge.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 1 suite
- 5 rooms extremely calm and spacious bedrooms with a private bathroom and/or shower and wc, period furniture, canopied four-poster beds.
- 1 apartment
- A fireplace in each room with views over the grounds and gardens, double exposure for the Camp du drap d'Or, Caroline and Pierre Loti rooms.
- The furniture or decor in the bedroom takes you back in time, each evoking a precious family memory.
Double rooms from € 148 to € 178 (1 to 2 people)
Additional person: 28 €
Suite (1 to 2 people) from 320 €
French breakfast is provided.
Our gites and furnished in outbuildingsThe cottage The Orangery: house of 140 m ², 9 beds , 3 rooms
The cottage The House of the Gardener: house of 115m ², 3 rooms 9 beds
The cottage The Oak: flexible with the cottage the Orangery, 3 rooms, 16 beds
CateringThe table d'hôtes is by reservation. Dinners are by candlelight. They are served in the dining room or in the gardens in fine weather. They are prepared with vegetables from the organic vegetable garden and local products selected for their quality. Discovery of Loire wines. The cuisine is homecooked and gourmet. A vegetarian menu can be prepared on request. € 36.50 or € 49.50 per person
Leisure on site
- Swimming pool
-Golf Pitch & Putt
- Spacious lounge and dining room with open fireplaces
- painted ceilings
- antique floors and period furniture
- billiards; tours of the gardens and park
- country walks
-walks in forest
- Mountain bikes available subject to reservation
- table tennis
- board games
- outdoor play-park : croquet, boules pitch, giant chessboard
- historical documentation and information for tourists
- reading material
- 2 gîtes in the grounds
- Swimming pool
- tennis courts
- fishing (1.2 miles)
- horse-riding (2.5 miles)
- water-based activities (9.3 miles)
- 4 golf courses (12.5 to 18.5 miles)
- Le Mans: racing circuit (28 miles)
- Angers: the château, old town centre, the Tapestries of the Apocalypse
- Saumur (31 miles) and the Châteaux of the Loire
- The Loir Valley and the châteaux Plessis-Bourré, Montgeofroy, Le Lude...
- Le Puy du fou
- Le Mont Saint-Michel
- Terra Botanica.
- Free WIFI
- Open year round
- Payment by credit card
- Welcoming families
- From Paris: take the A11 motorway, and leave at the Durtal exit. Drive through the village towards Angers, cross the bridge over the river Loir and, 200 metres after the bridge, turn left towards Baugé. Continue for another 300 metres and then turn right towards Jarzé. Drive another 3 kilomètres (2 miles) and you will come to Château de Chambiers on the left.