Monastère de Brucourt

Opening period

all year, week-ends, school holidays, long holiday week end

Spoken languages

Unspecified

Former monastery close to the sea with a 360 degree view

Brucourt Monastery is the former Order of the Annunciation Monastery majestically located on Saint-Laurent hill in Brucourt, between Cabourg and Houlgate beaches. It stands in the midst of an estate spanning more than 15 ha of meadows and woods populated by deer, wild boar and rabbits… The building was constructed around a hundred years ago by a couple of collectors, heirs to an industrial family from the North, Louis Serbat (1875-1953), and his wife, born Madeleine de Vaufreland. In 1951, the couple bequeathed the manor to the Benedictine monks so that there might be a permanent and religious presence there. As they were only there for the summer months, the manor was then offered to the Order of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in 1975. After 40 years at Brucourt, these “dear girls”, heirs to St Jeanne of France, daughter of Louis XI and founder of the order of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Bourges in 1500, wished to settle in a new monastery in Caen-Grentheville. The manor has been entirely renovated over the last few years by a welcoming, enthusiastic couple who plan to live there with their family and run an accommodation business.

Accommodation and rates

Our rooms in the castle

5 spacious suites with 180X200 bed and bathtub

Catering

Restaurants in surrounding area

Activities

Leisure on site

Park,
billiard room,
piano,
table football,
board game,
books,
gear for kitesurf ans stand up paddle at your disposal

Leisure nearby

  • horse riding,
    golf,
    seaside,
    D-Day landing beaches,
    historical cemetery

The themes

Location

2 hours by car from Paris. Take the A13 towards Caen, then exit n°30 towards Cabourg
helicopter landing opportunity

To know

  • Animaux : Unspecified
  • Open all year
  • Welcoming families
  • WIFI