Open all the year
This Belle Epoque manor lies on the banks of the Lys River, on the site of a former bastion fortified by Charles V and later Vauban. It testifies to the artistic, literary and military history of the last century. This beautiful house has a family feel, and illustrates developments in furniture, paintings and decoration from the Art Nouveau style through to the 1950s. During World War I it served as a residence for Allied commanders, and housed various figures from the worlds of art and literature. The beautiful grounds lie between the house and the Lys River and feature a number of rare and exotic ancient trees, as well as a water garden. The owner love history, art and fine food, and enjoy introducing visitors to all that this region has to offer.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle3 suites (sleeping 2 to 6), 1 standard room with bath or shower and toilets.
Catering4 gastronomic restaurants and others restaurants nearby
Leisure on site
- Literary lazing in the garden,
- swimming pool and jacuzzi in the artists' residence,
- powder-emissions by Vauban,
- water activities in front of the Marina (rental boats, water bikes and pedal),
- horseback riding and hot air balloons,
- the tennis,
- tourism memory.
- In the heart of Flandres Artois and its 15 fabulous museums (Louvre Lens, Lille Lam, IFF ... Ypres),
- between Lille and Le Touquet Paris-Plage, Arras and Bruges,
- All activities, all sports, all shoppings (luxury included), 2 golf courses 20 minutes ...
- Animaux : Permitted
- Open all year
- Reception room
- Welcoming families
- Access by motorway A26 / exit 5 and follow the direction of Dunkerque / Hazebrouck. Before the bridge of Lys, turn left (back to the church) and then right. The Estate is beside the Lys side of the marina.
Access by motorway A25 / exit Hazebrouck, then follow the direction of Bethune. After the bridge of Lys at the entrance of Saint-Venant, 1st right then 1st right.
Boat access, with direct docking on the pier (water, electricity / water pulling 2m) after the gardens of the manor.