Open from 12 April to 30th of September
The Manoir de Coutainville is a fortified manor house built during 15th and 17th centuries that was a fiefdom of Jean de Costentin. It is listed in the French Supplementary Inventory of Historic Monuments. The manor offers an intimate setting sheltered by high walls, it overlooks the golf course, the antique village and enjoys a panoramic seaview. You will be friendly welcomed by Sophie Véron, owner of the manor and your hostess and share her cuisine of local and seasonal food. The rooms, which has been awarded a quality certificate, is reached via a beautiful, fairly steep, spiral staircase.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 2 rooms (queen-size bed or king size), bathroom, toilet.
- Suite available (adjoining room reached via an antechamber).
- Sea view.
- Table d'hôtes on request.
- Restaurants nearby
Leisure on site
- garden courtyard
In the Seneschal's residence: lounge, library, card table, stone fireplace, refreshments.
- In the village 1.5 km away: beach, shellfish gathering, 18-hole golf course.
- From Coutances, head towards Agon-Coutainville on the D44, at Agon church turn right on the D72 towards Blainville-sur-Mer, turn right onto the D361, entrance 300 m further on in rue de la Maugerie.
- Michelin Map N° 54, fold N° 12.
- GPS: W 1°35'12" longitude: 49.0536 / N 49°03'13" latitude: 1.58 66 666
- Animaux : Pets allowed.
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seasonal opening
- Welcoming families