Open all year.
Designed in the 17th century, and reorganized in the 18th, this dwelling built in the Saintonge style characterized by its generous volumes, was restored in 2002 in a manner faithful to its origins. Situated between Saintes and Cognac, in the heart of the Romanesque Saintonge region, it enjoy a well-preserved environment between woods and vineyards. The warmest of welcomes awaits you for a peaceful stay in a calm and harmonious setting. Wine-producing estate. We will be delighted to recommend places to visit or walks in the surrounding area.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 4 double rooms with shower or bath and private toilet including :
- 1 suite for 3 guests and a double
- or twin-bedded studio room.
- Internet access and TV upon request.
Our gites and furnished in outbuildings
- "La Petite Maison" for 2 à 4 persons
- 4 stars
"La Maison des chênes" for 5 persons
- 4 stars
- Tables d'hôtes upon reservation : 35 €, drinks included
- Restaurants (4kms) and a large choice of very goods restaurants in Saintes and Cognac.
Leisure on site
- walks in the woods and vineyards in the grounds
- swimming pool
- 18-hole golf courses
- mountain bike rentals
Fontdouce Abbey, Saintes, Cognac, La Rochelle. Tour a distilleries. Music festival in July in Saintes, the Blues Passion in Cognac.
- From Paris, take the A10 motorway, exit 34, follow the signs to Cognac on the N150, D 731 as far as Brizambourg. Turn right on the D134; the Logis de l'Astrée is on the right before you reach the village of Saint Bris des Bois.
- When coming from Saintes or Cognac: take the D141, and then the D134 via Saint Césair; the Logis de l'Astrée overlooks the small Romanesque church of Saint Bris des Bois.
- GPS: 45.77 / -0.49
- Animaux : Animals welcome upon request.
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seasonal opening
- Swimming pool
- Table d'hôtes
- Welcoming families