Designed in the 17th century, and reorganized in the 18th, this dwelling built in the Saintonge style characterized by its generous volumes, was restored in 2002 in a manner faithful to its origins. Situated between Saintes and Cognac, in the heart of the Romanesque Saintonge region, it enjoy a well-preserved environment between woods and vineyards. The warmest of welcomes awaits you for a peaceful stay in a calm and harmonious setting. Wine-producing estate. We will be delighted to recommend places to visit or walks in the surrounding area.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- Our rooms all have internet access (TV on request).
- The Pavilion Suite (50 m²) overlooks the main courtyard of the Logis de l'Astrée and accommodates up to 4 people. It has a tearoom, a bright bathroom with double sink and bathtub, and separate toilets. It is a very bright room, the main part of which is separated from the alcove by a warm Toile de Jouy fabric. 1 suite for 3 guests and a double
- or twin-bedded studio room.
- The Garden Suite opens onto the Garden and the Pierre de Ronsard rosebush regularly tries to enter! It accommodates on 45m² up to 4 people. The bathroom is bright and has a double sink and a bathtub. Separate WC. The hosts' own kitchen next door can be yours.
- The Chambre Aux Lys and Chambre Aux Anges both overlook the vineyard, and each accommodate 2 people. They are equipped with a walk-in shower and separate toilets.
Our gites and furnished in outbuildings
- "La Petite Maison" for 2 à 4 persons
- 4 stars
"La Maison des chênes" for 5 persons
- 4 stars
- Tables d'hôtes upon reservation : 35 €, drinks included
- Restaurants (4kms) and a large choice of very goods restaurants in Saintes and Cognac.
Leisure on site
- walks in the woods and vineyards in the grounds
- swimming pool
- 18-hole golf courses
- mountain bike rentals
Fontdouce Abbey, Saintes, Cognac, La Rochelle. Tour a distilleries. Music festival in July in Saintes, the Blues Passion in Cognac.
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seasonal opening
- Swimming pool
- Table d'hôtes
- Welcoming families
Discover and share the Cognac Area, just around you....
Walking or riding accross woods and vineyards
Choose your table....
- From Paris, take the A10 motorway, exit 34, follow the signs to Cognac on the N150, D 731 as far as Brizambourg. Turn right on the D134; the Logis de l'Astrée is on the right before you reach the village of Saint Bris des Bois.
- When coming from Saintes or Cognac: take the D141, and then the D134 via Saint Césair; the Logis de l'Astrée overlooks the small Romanesque church of Saint Bris des Bois.
- GPS: 45.77 / -0.49