Open from 01/03 to 31/10. Out of season on request.
Situated at a viewpoint overlooking the romantic Petit Lay valley at the heart of the Vendée low bocage, the villa-castel de L’Auneau is an unusual example of a château dating from the very end of the 19th century (1899). The grounds open onto exceptional panoramic views of an extremely well-preserved agricultural landscape, where nature is manifestly still king. The layout of the residence, both interior and exterior, makes this an unusual and timeless estate, a worthy place to linger a while.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 1 double room with bathroom.
- Table d'hôtes with the owner, on reservation.
- Restaurants 20 minutes away.
Leisure on site
- numerous places to relax in the grounds
- walks in Auneau wood
- access to a small lounge
- large lounge and terrace with view
- WiFi access
- horse riding available on request
- Logis de la Chabotterie and Historial de la Vendée museums (35 km)
- Puy du Fou attraction (25 km)
- Vendée Atlantic coast beaches (60 km via the motorway)
- Michelin map N° 67.
- From the Nantes/Bordeaux motorway (A83/E03), take exit 6 at Bournezeau and head towards Chantonnay on the D949bis. 4 km later, turn left on the D52 towards Saint-Hilaire-le-Vouhis. L'Auneau is signposted 1 km later on the left.
- GPS (Latx Long) : 46.680638000, -1.108442000
- Animaux : Unspecified
- Seasonal opening
- Table d'hôtes