Open from June 12th to November 10th 2020
With 360° views of the Volcano Natural Park and the Monne valley, overlooking the village from which it takes its name and opposite the Romanesque church, this 13th century fortress was transformed into a seignior’s residence in the 15th and 16th centuries. The last direct descendants of the founders were Queen Catherine de Médicis and her daughter Marguerite de Valois, who gave the château to the future King Louis XIII in 1605. It is a haven of peace bathed in history and today welcomes you to its charming and extremely comfortable guest accommodation comprised of 3 suites and 2 rooms. 4 ha of grounds.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- Choose the best option for your stay :
1) Book online : the classic option BUT with the GUARANTEE OF A MAXIMUM OF 2 DIFFERENT FAMILIES and 10 PEOPLE :
- 295 €/night for 1 bedroom or suite for 2 or 3 people, breakfast included
- 370 €/night for 2 adults and 2 or 3 children, breakfast included (familial "Duchesse" suite)
2) Book by mail or phone : PRIVATIZATION OF OUR GUESTHOUSE :
- 3 bedrooms and suites for 7 adults & 4 children maximum
- Possibility to book 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms or suites for private location. You would be our only guest during your stay for better health security, real pleasure and a real change of scenery.
- 395€/night for 2 or 3 people, breakfast included
- 465€/night for 2 adults & 2 or 3 children, breakfast included (familial "Duchesse" suite)
- 990€/night for 3 bedrooms or suites for 7 adults and 4 children maximum, breakfast included
CateringRestaurants nearby, reservation upon request
Leisure on site
- board games
- outdoor games for children
- access to the château library (housing numerous magazines and books).
- golf course (27 km)
- various walks setting off from the château and numerous Chaînes des Puys and Sancy walks
- visit Saint Saturnin medieval village and Romanesque church
- visit the Auvergne châteaux and the Romanesque churches tour route
- aventure Michelin (25 km) and Vulcania (35 km).
- A75, south of Clermont-Ferrand, exit n° 5, towards Aydat. Follow D213 for 6 km, as far as the village on the left. In the village, at the war memorial, take rue de la Chantelle, marked residents only. A89, from Bordeaux, exit n° 25, then follow signs for Clermont-Ferrand south as far as the Ventouse pass, then Aydat and Saint Saturnin.
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room
- Seasonal opening
- Seminar room
- Welcoming families