From April 1st till september 30th Visits from easter to 30th september (11am to 6pm)
Château de Troussay, the smallest of the Loire châteaux, is a jewel of sophistication set in a green idyll. It lies amid the vineyards at Cheverny, 2km from the golf course and château, 300 metres from the stables, 15km from Blois and Chambord and 26km from Beauval. This little château stands in English-style grounds, with trees several hundred years old. The building dates back six centuries, as evidenced by the various elements of period décor. Two guest suites and a guest room have been created in the château, and an outbuilding has been converted into a holiday cottage.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- The Louis de La Saussaye suite , for 2 to 4 people, on the first floor of the chateau delights you with its elegance and reffinment. Nights of sweetness awaits you. A 35m² room decorated with Braquenié boutique’s fabrics offers you the view on the courtyard , while another one, smaller, wrapped in Jouy’s fabrics looks onto the english park. The bathroom is originally made in a tower.
- The Alix’s suite on the second floor includes a room for two people in Jouy fabric’s canvas with a view on the courtyard and the orchard but also another one smaller, for kids , with a bunk bed , and a bathroom decorated with iris patterns. The rooms are comfortable and arranged for you to feel elegance «à la française».
- The Champêtre suite which is situated in the 17th century castle’s outbuildings includes a living room and a big room and a small one.
70m² for 4 people, decorated with the Le Manach’s canvas, with a bathroom and an independant restroom.The suite offers a view on the courtyard and on the orchard.
- The room of the Baron is located on the second floor and is the jewel of Troussay.•The view on the courtyard and the english park is unique and the room also gives you an original italian shower made into a castle’s tower which is a brand new concept.
The breakfast is served in the castle’s dining room
Our gites and furnished in outbuildingsHoliday cottage
1200€ the weekend for 12 people
800€ for 8 people
450€ for 4 people
CateringTable d'hôte: evening meal on reservation
Restaurants in surronding area
Picnic basket of local produces can be provided
Leisure on site
- At Château de Troussay, we work to maintain the kind of authentic atmosphere our ancestors would have known. Young children will love watching the poultry in the hen house, as well as the lop-eared rabbits and a small flock of sheep.
hot air ballooning,
wildlife watching and more.
- Animaux : In the holiday cottage only
- Open all year
- Payment by credit card
- Reception room