Open from 01/04 to 31/12
Imposing moated fourteenth-century fortress with working drawbridge, arrows-slits, hoardings and massive granite fireplaces, situated in calm rural surroundings. The magnificent rooms have been decorated and furnished in keeping with the medieval setting. Access i by a stone spiral staircase.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 5 majestic rooms (100 sqm) with private shower or bath and wc :
- canopied double bed and tapestries ;
- cloistered double bed and heraldic decor ;
- canopied king-size bed, kitchenette and spectacular views ;
- beautiful hand decorated family room, XVè century style ;
the Watch tower very small hand painted suite on 2 floors with beautiful upper bath.
Stone vaulted entrance hall.
CateringProposal of basket of greedy for the dinner. Good restaurants nearby.
Leisure on siteIn the grounds : parklands, country walks, fishing in the moat, punting ont the moat, swimming pool.
- The medieval town of Parthenay (7km)
Poitiers and its many romanesque art monuments (50 km)
The Futuroscope park (50 km)
"Green Venice" (50 km)
27 hole golf course (25 km)
Horse-riding (7 km)
Park and "Son et Lumière" at Puy du Fou (60 km)
- Animaux : No admitted