Open from april to mid-november
L’Hérissaudière was built in 1640 on the site of one of Diane de Poitiers’ hunting lodges, at the heart of the Loire Châteaux and the vineyards of the Touraine, 1 hour from Paris and 17 km from Tours. It lies framed by its flower-laden terraces and rose garden, in grounds with trees several hundred years old. Claudine Detilleux will give you a warm welcome, plus extremely useful information for your excursions and provide your meals in this haven of peace.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 2 rooms and 1 suite with private bath, shower and private toilet. One with disabled access. Air-conditioning, Wifi, lounges and library
Our gites and furnished in outbuildingsTwo cottages in the grounds available to rent by the week.
CateringGenerous gourmet breakfast, served among the roses in summer.
Possible to book a simple meal (before 9 pm).
All types of restaurants nearby. Snacks available on reservation
Leisure on site
- heated pool (in season)
- table tennis
- different recreational games
- organised walk and cycle hire
- Summer dining room with kitchenette
- horse riding center offering hacks
- quad bikes and bicycle for hire
- Cycle paths
- 3 golfs
- Châteaux de la Loire, vineyards, gardens and caves "troglodytes" nearby
- Take the A10-E5 to Tours -Exit 19 from Paris, then 3 km on the N10 towards Tours Exit 20 (Sainte Radegonde) from Tours (South), then on the Tours north road take the right hand lane to N139-E502 towards Angers/Laval. Then after 2 km, at La Membrolle-sur-Choizille, continue left on the D959 towards Chateau-Lavallière/ Angers. After 8 km turn left to the D48 towards Pernay: L'Hérissaudière is 2 km on your left (entrance is signed).
- Michelin map N° 64, parts 14 and 15.
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Handicap access
- Seasonal opening
- Swimming pool
- Welcoming families