Open year round upon advance reservation.
In the middle of the countryside, just 2 miles from Richelieu, a protected masterpiece of XVIIth century architecture, near all the Southern Loire Chateaux, la Varenne stands among vast wine storehouses in the heart of an estate planted with walnut-trees. This harmonious dwelling built by the niece of the Cardinal is a peaceful harbour in a warm, comfortable setting open to music, litterature and wild animal life, where you will be served delicious home-made breakfasts.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 3 big rooms with private bathroom and wc, one of them on the ground floor.
Leisure on site
- Garden, mature trees, deck-level pool (heated in season), lounge with piano and fireplace, wide range of reading material, bicycles for loan, rambling, and babysitting. «Nature and Heritage» accomodation in the Loire-Anjou-Touraine nature park.
- acres of woods
- tennis (2 km)
- 3 golf courses within a distance of 40 km
- horse riding
- Richelieu, and chateau du rivau.
- Chapelle Royale de Champigny-sur-Veude (8 km)
- Chinon (24 km)
- Château d’Azay-le-Rideau (30 km)
- Abbaye royale de Fontevraud (40 km)
- Futuroscope (45 km)
- From Tours, head towards Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, then towards Richelieu on the D58. 2 km before Richelieu, turn left at the roundabout onto the D20 road towards Braslou. Follow this road for 2 km. The entrance to the property is at a bend on the left side of the road, 200 m after the locality "Chizeray". Michelin map N° 68, fold N° 4.
- GPS: Lat 47 00 39 N
- Long 000 21 48 E.(Map sent on request).
- Animaux : Accepted animals so small and well raised after agreement with the owners
- Open all year
- Reception room
- Swimming pool
- Welcoming families