Open all year round.
This former castle (11th to 15th centuries), built on an exceptional site overlooking the plainb of Loudun, belonged to the Plantagenets. Touching the Loire Valley between Chinon and Saumur, close to Fontevraud Abbey and historical Châteaux, It is a quiet, peaceful place to stay. Being renovated it offers all modern comforts associated to the charm of decor and original family furniture. You will enjoy a welcome drink by the large fireplace in the guardroom or in the library.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 3 double rooms :
- The lodge room with its period fireplace, four poster bed (140 cm), teen bed, bath, shower and toilets (+kitchenette)
- the (round) tower room with a 140 cm double bed, shower and toilets
- The donjon's room with two separated beds, bath and toilets (+ 1 extra bed )
- Restaurants in the nearby (Fontevraud, Montsoreau, Loudun, etc
Leisure on site
- sheltered patio
- 18-hole golf course (3 km)
- airfield (13 km)
- canoeing on the river Loire (10 km)
- Centerparks (5 km)
- go-karts (12 km)
- Fontevraud Abbey (8 km)
Loudun (13 km), Saumur and Chinon (25 km). The Châteaux of the Loire. Poitiers, Tours and Angers one hour away, wine cellard ; La Motte Chandenier (3 km)
- From the A10 motorway in Tours, take the A85 motorway (towards Saumur) as far as the Bourgueil exit; follow the signs towards Avoine, Candes, Fontevraud, and then towards Loudun for 8 km.
- From Poitiers by the D147, 14 km from Loudun in the direction of Fontevraud.
- GPS: N 47°13'32'' E 0°05'50''
- Animaux : Animals welcome on prior agreement.
- Open all year
- Welcoming families