Nestled in the beautiful green setting of a romantic 24 hectare park criss-crossed with bridle paths, this listed 17th and 18th century château offers guests an exceptionally comfortable haven of peace and calm. Its location at the heart of the Vendéen bocage with its great cultural and tourist attractions, makes it the ideal base for exploring the heritage of the Vendée. The owners, who are passionate about history, and highly involved in the cultural life of the area, will be delighted to give you advice as you explore.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 2 double rooms with private bathroom and WC.
- 1 suite with private bathroom and WC.
- Spacious, very comfortable rooms with personalised décor and period furniture.
CateringExcellent restaurants nearby.
Leisure on site
- large lounge with monumental fireplace from the Renaissance era
- walks in the park
- bridle paths and horses
- tennis (100 m)
- horse riding (4 km)
- golf course (35 km)
- Puy du Fou (30 km)
- Historial de la Vendée (20 km)
- Logis de la Chabotterie (15 km)
- Refuge de Grasla (6 km)
- beaches and the Atlantic Ocean (50 km)
- Nantes (55 km)
- Futuroscope (180 km)
- Open all year
- Michelin map N° 232.
- From Paris (via the A10/A11 motorway) and Angers (A87 motorway), take exit 29 (Les Herbiers), drive through Beaurepaire, Bazoges-en-Paillers and Chavagnes-en-Paillers, then follow signs for Saint-Denis-la-Chevasse, thechâteau is 3 km away on the left.
- From Nantes on the A83 motorway, take exit 4 (Montaigu), head towards Saint-Fulgent, on the D137 head towards and then pass through Chavagnes-en-Paillers, then follow signs for Saint-Denis-la-Chevasse, the château is 3 km away on the left.From Bordeaux, take the A83, exit 5, drive through Les Essards then Chauché heading towards La Rabatelière.