From mid-May to mid-September
Every summer, Brigitte and Philippe Augais open up their marvellous family estate, located in the country although close to the sea, offering you a timeless stay in a warm and authentic atmosphere; you’ll just love their art of living “à la française”. Listed as a Historical Monument, the chateau was built betwenn 1589 and 1592. The living spaces are decorated with beautiful panelling, monumental fireplaces and hunting trophies. Dining room, living spaces, library and suites with listed ceilings and period interior design. Its extraordinary location is right on the doorstep of the most sought-after tourist sites in Normandy such as Bayeux, Honfleur, Mont-Saint-Michel, the D-Day beaches, Deauville, Etretat.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- 4 rooms and suites with private bathrooms and wc
- Large room with woodwork and listed fireplace, antique paintings.
- Views of the grounds and period furniture
CateringRestaurants of all categories nearby
Leisure on site
- Warmed swimming pool (in season) with wooden terrace
- fishing lake
- tour of the chateau, promenade in the park
- horse riding
- museums (Memorial Centre for History and Peace)
- Landing Beaches
- Caen (gastronomy)
- On the A13 from Paris or Caen, take the Dozulé exit, after the toll both turn right and at the first roundabout turn left towards Varaville. At the "Stop" sign in Varaville, turn left. Drive 4km (caution: speed camera, limit 70kmph) and you will find Château de Bénéauville on your right.
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Payment by credit card
- Seasonal opening
- Swimming pool
- Welcoming families