From mid-May to mid-September
Brigitte and Philippe Augais open, the summer, the doors of their marvelous family home, located in the countryside close to the sea, for a stay out of time in a warm and authentic atmosphere; you will appreciate the art of living “à la française”. Historical Monument, the castle was built from 1589 to 1592. Rooms and rooms decorated with beautiful wood paneling, monumental fireplaces and hunting trophies. Dining room, lounges, library and suite with ceilings and classified period decorations. Its privileged location will allow you to shine among the most sought-after Norman tourist sites, Bayeux, Honfleur, Mont-Saint-Michel, the landing beaches, Deauville, Etretat, etc. If you are looking for a Bed and breakfast in Normandy atypical to visit the area, consider one of our rooms. With king-size bedding (180×200), all rooms have parquet floors, wood paneling, oriental rugs, antique furniture, antique paintings and view of the gardens. Looking for a castle in Normandy for a stay out of the ordinary? Our rooms will exceed your expectations.
Accommodation and rates
Our rooms in the castle
- "Hercule" Suite : Located on the 1st floor, has a king size bed (180x200cm) and a small adjoining lounge. View of the park, in front, for the room and view of the second avenue and the woods for the living room. An exceptional monumental fireplace carved in polychrome stone representing "Hercules slaying the hydra" and painted ceilings of the same period (XVIth, classified MH), decorate the master bedroom, as well as wood paneling, parquet flooring, oriental rugs, antique furniture. time, and old paintings. The living room also has a large fireplace. A large bathroom, very bright, with large antique cast iron bathtub, shower, washbasins and high-end faucet, hair dryer, complete this exceptional set. Toilet and separate toilet in a tower (en suite). Safe at disposal.
Option: the Jasmine room has 3 single beds (90x200cm) and can be joined to the suite Hercules family suite, open to children of the family, excluding a group of adults.
- "Job" Bedroom : Located on the first floor, has a king size bed (180x200). View of the second avenue and the woods. A carved stone fireplace represents "The great patience of Job", tapestries, wood paneling, parquet floors, oriental rugs, period furniture and old paintings. A bathroom "en suite" with large antique cast iron bath and old washbasin, hair dryer. Wc separated in a tower "en suite". Safe at disposal.
- "Rouge" Bedroom : Located on the 2nd floor, has a king size bed (180x200). View of the park in front. Louis XV fireplace, stone floors, oriental rugs, hair dryer. Separate toilets. Safe at disposal.
Option: The Iris Room with a Louis XVI bed (140x180) and bathroom can be attached to the Rouge Bedroom in suite
- "Salomon" Bedroom : Located on the 1st floor, has a king size bed (180x200). View of the park in front, monumental fireplace carved stone of 1593 representing the judgment of Solomon, XVIII tapestry, wood paneling, flooring, oriental rugs, period furniture and old paintings decorate this remarkable piece. A bathroom "en suite" with tiled bath, 1930 sinks and hair dryer complete this set. Safe at disposal. The toilets are separated.
Option : The Coquelicot Room, equipped with a Louis XVI bed (130x190) can be attached to the Salomon Bedroom in continuation.
To ensure the safety and comfort of all, the interior of the castle, as the rooms are non-smoking; Animals are not allowed.
- "Hercule" suite : 290€/night for 2 people
- Job bedroom : 240€/night for 2 people
- "Rouge" bedroom : 210€/night for 2 people
- "Salomon" bedroom : 270€/night for 2 people
- Option "Family suite" ("Hercule" + "Jasmine") : 370€ for 3 people, 450€ for 2 parents and 2 children, 510€ for 2 parents and 3 children
- Option "Rouge" + "Iris" : 290€ for 3 people
- Option "Salomon" + "Coquelicot" : 350€ for 3 people
Hearty breakfasts included
- Breakfast, served in the dining room, consists of pastries, cakes and homemade jams, pressed orange juice, apple juice, yogurts, cheese County often accompanied by several kinds of bread. Hot drinks, to choose, Coffees and Teas chosen, chocolates... and why not an egg from our henhouse to accompany your ham...
For a stay combining discovery and gastronomy, the Château de Béneauville has the chance to offer a selection of excellent restaurants a few minutes by car... Cabourg, Dives sur Mer, Beuvron en Auge, Caen, Deauville-Trouville, etc.
Breakfast included in the bedroom price
CateringRestaurants of all categories nearby
Leisure on site
- Warmed swimming pool (in season) with wooden terrace
- fishing lake
- tour of the chateau, promenade in the park
- horse riding
- museums (Memorial Centre for History and Peace)
- Landing Beaches
- Caen (gastronomy)
- Animaux : Pets not allowed.
- Payment by credit card
- Seasonal opening
- Swimming pool
- Welcoming families
- On the A13 from Paris or Caen, take the Dozulé exit, after the toll both turn right and at the first roundabout turn left towards Varaville. At the "Stop" sign in Varaville, turn left. Drive 4km (caution: speed camera, limit 70kmph) and you will find Château de Bénéauville on your right.