This Belle Epoque manor lies on the banks of the Lys River, on the site of a former bastion fortified by Charles V and later Vauban. It testifies to the artistic, literary and military history of the last century. This beautiful house has a family feel, and illustrates developments in furniture, paintings and decoration from the Art Nouveau style through to the 1950s. During World War I it served as a residence for Allied commanders, and housed various figures from the worlds of art and literature. The beautiful grounds lie between the house and the Lys River and feature a number of rare and exotic ancient trees, as well as a water garden. The owner love history, art and fine food, and enjoy introducing visitors to all that this region has to offer.
Location and contact
Extrabed : 50€
Breakfast inluded Opening period : Open all the year Restauration : 4 gastronomic restaurants and others restaurants nearby languages : English To come : Access by motorway A26 / exit 5 and follow the direction of Dunkerque / Hazebrouck. Before the bridge of Lys, turn left (back to the church) and then right. The Estate is beside the Lys side of the marina.
Access by motorway A25 / exit Hazebrouck, then follow the direction of Bethune. After the bridge of Lys at the entrance of Saint-Venant, 1st right then 1st right.
Boat access, with direct docking on the pier (water, electricity / water pulling 2m) after the gardens of the manor. Pets : Permitted
- swimming pool and jacuzzi in the artists' residence,
- powder-emissions by Vauban,
- water activities in front of the Marina (rental boats, water bikes and pedal),
- horseback riding and hot air balloons,
- the tennis,
- tourism memory. Nearby leisure : - In the heart of Flandres Artois and its 15 fabulous museums (Louvre Lens, Lille Lam, IFF ... Ypres),
- between Lille and Le Touquet Paris-Plage, Arras and Bruges,
- All activities, all sports, all shoppings (luxury included), 2 golf courses 20 minutes ...