The Logis du Bois Doucet, which is a listed building, lies only a few miles from Poitiers in the tranquil surroundings of a large family-owned estate. The residence consists of a Louis XIII pavilion fronted by an orangery. This gives an indication of the importance of this fortified house, which was turned into a country seat after the Wars of Religion. Thanks to recently discovered plans, the formal garden is now regaigning its superb original layout. A welcome full of imagination.
Location and contact
Breakfast : Included Opening period : Open all year. Restauration : - Table d'hôte (booking only).
- Numerous restaurants serving gourmet cuisine and traditional fare in and around Poitiers. languages : English To come : - By the RN10 or the A10 motorway, take exit at Poitiers nord (north); then take direction to Limoges N147. 7 kilometers between Bignoux and Lavoux D139? 2 kilometers on tne right.
- Michelin map N° 68, fold N° 14.
- GPS : Enter Bignoux. Pets : Pets allowed.
- 1 twin room, furnished in period style and each has its own bathroom and WC.
- 1 double room, furnished in period style and each has its own bathroom and WC.
- tennis court
- horse-riding Nearby leisure : - 18- and 27- hole golf courses at 5 and 13 km
- Poitiers, a town of artistic, architectural and historic interest, and France's main centre of Romanesque architecture (11 km)
- Chauvigny (12 km) is one of the most beautiful sighseeing venues in Poitou
- Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe (25 km) boasts frescoes in its church which are included in Unesco's World Heritage list
- the Futuroscope theme park is only 15 km.