Superb Historic Residence: this group of buildings (12th to 18th centuries) was originally the Fontevraud abbey farm. The seashells on the wall of the barn show that pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostela passed through the site. The estate, which has been fully renovated blending elegance and comfort, has belonged to the same family since 1795: several generations live here, and they will all make you very welcome. Families are delighted to stay here: the site is quiet and spacious with games and films in the large lounge, and equipment available for babies and young children… Couples can enjoy peace and quiet in refined surroundings… Tourists are ideally situated for visits to the Loire châteaux… Wine enthusiasts will find themselves at the crossroads of three wine areas, to the delight of their taste buds…
Location and contact
► Blue Gift Key available - More
Rooms : 143 € for 4 people
Extra bed : 16 €
Breakfast : 12 €
Lunches : 19 €
Dinners from 29 € to 36 € (drinks not included)
Possibility to reserve a table with a room. Online reservation system Payment accepted : - Credit cards
- Travelers checks Opening period : Closed from 5th of january to 1st of february. Restauration : Enjoy lunch or dinner at "La Table de Mestré" restaurant, operating in Mestré's beautiful dining rooms (closed Sunday and Monday). languages : English To come : - From the D947, between Fontevraud and Montsoreau, signposted on the road.
- Michelin map N° 67, fold N° 9.
- GPS : 47.12088°N/00.02804°E Pets : Pets not allowed.
- ponds (fishing)
- Beauty salon, massages, barber. Nearby leisure : - golf course
- swimming pool
- tennis court all 6 kms (3.8 miles)
- horse-riding in Saumur (12 kms/7.5 miles away)
Fontevraud Abbey, Saumur, Chinon and the Châteaux of the Loire.