Situated at a viewpoint overlooking the romantic Petit Lay valley at the heart of the Vendée low bocage, the villa-castel de L’Auneau is an unusual example of a château dating from the very end of the 19th century (1899). The grounds open onto exceptional panoramic views of an extremely well-preserved agricultural landscape, where nature is manifestly still king. The layout of the residence, both interior and exterior, makes this an unusual and timeless estate, a worthy place to linger a while.
Location and contact
► Blue Gift Key available - More
Continental breakfast : Included
Dinner : 45 € Opening period : Open from 01/03 to 31/10. Out of season on request. Restauration : - Table d'hôtes with the owner, on reservation.
- Restaurants 20 minutes away. To come : - Michelin map N° 67.
- From the Nantes/Bordeaux motorway (A83/E03), take exit 6 at Bournezeau and head towards Chantonnay on the D949bis. 4 km later, after l'Angle village, turn left on the D52 towards Saint-Hilaire-le-Vouhis. L'Auneau is signposted 1 km later on the left.
- GPS (Latx Long) : 46.680638000, -1.108442000
- walks in Auneau wood
- access to a small lounge
- large lounge and terrace with view
- WiFi access Nearby leisure : - horse riding available on request
- Logis de la Chabotterie and Historial de la Vendée museums (35 km)
- Puy du Fou attraction (25 km)
- Vendée Atlantic coast beaches (60 km via the motorway)