With 360° views of the Volcano Natural Park and the Monne valley, overlooking the village from which it takes its name and opposite the Romanesque church, this 13th century fortress was transformed into a seignior’s residence in the 15th and 16th centuries. The last direct descendants of the founders were Queen Catherine de Médicis and her daughter Marguerite de Valois, who gave the château to the future King Louis XIII in 1605. It is a haven of peace bathed in history and today welcomes you to its charming and extremely comfortable guest accommodation comprised of 3 suites and 2 rooms. 4 ha of grounds.
Location and contact
Breakfast : Included Payment accepted : American Express
Credit cards Opening period : Open from March 20 th to November 11th 2020 Restauration : Restaurants nearby, reservation upon request
languages : English To come : - A75, south of Clermont-Ferrand, exit n° 5, towards Aydat. Follow D213 for 6 km, as far as the village on the left. In the village, at the war memorial, take rue de la Chantelle, marked residents only. A89, from Bordeaux, exit n° 25, then follow signs for Clermont-Ferrand south as far as the Ventouse pass, then Aydat and Saint Saturnin. Pets : Pets not allowed.
- 3 suites.
- outdoor games for children
- access to the château library (housing numerous magazines and books). Nearby leisure : - golf course (27 km)
- various walks setting off from the château and numerous Chaînes des Puys and Sancy walks
- visit Saint Saturnin medieval village and Romanesque church
- visit the Auvergne châteaux and the Romanesque churches tour route
- aventure Michelin (25 km) and Vulcania (35 km).
To book online, click the button below :Booking online