The Château du Boschet, listed as a historic monument, was built in the 17th century (1660-1680) by Pierre de Lescouët, chamberlain to HRH the brother of King Louis XIV. Laid out on five terraces, its park was designed by Le Nôtre. It is situated on a loop in the river Vilaine and is set well back from the road. It has been little altered over the centuries and is testament to a timeless way of life.
Location and contact
► Gold Gift Key available - More
Extra bed : 30 €
Breakfast : Included Opening period : Open from May to November depending on accomodation. Restauration : Table d'hôtes upon reservation - 45€ per person
Restaurants at Bourg des Comptes, Guichen and Pont Réan. languages : English, german, greek and spanich To come : - Via Rennes, take expressway in direction of Nantes and take Bourg des Comptes exit. Head out of village in direction of Pléchatel and after 3 km follow sign on right. Pets : Horses agreed (to consult us)
- Canopied four-poster bed and harpsichord.
- Non smoking room.
- walks along river Vilaine (long-distance footpath)
- Antique shops
- Baroque music festival and theatre in May and October
- On request: initiation into the pottery in the workshop of the Castle by the owner
- Internships all year round (yoga, painting, cooking, theater,...) Nearby leisure : - golf 20 km
- Rennes 20 km
- motor-racing circuit 20 km (Lohéac)
- Saint-Malo 60 km
- Mont Saint Michel 45 km