In the Vallée des Rois, this gorgeous 19th-century castle stands in the middle of a wood where deer, roebuck and wild boar are to be found. A rustic setting, a warm welcome and comfortable and spacious rooms . With the finest châteaux in the Loire Valley and the superb vineyards of Chinon and Saumur nearby.
Location and contact
Triple room : 150 €
Suite : 220 - 230 €
Breakfast : Included
Payment accepted : Credit cards accepted Opening period : Open all year round; out-of-season, on request. Restauration : Evening meals available on reservation. languages : English To come : A85, come aff at Langeais, then follow directions to Hommes until Les Essards, via the RN152 road, coming from Tours, go into Langeais and take directions to Hommes, when you get to Essards, turn left on the road to Saint-Michel, the château is 300 m along the road. Coming from Saumur, go to Ingrandes (D35) and follow signs to Les Essards. Michelin map n° 64. Pets : Pets allowed on request only
Available for seminar Our cottages and furnished in dependencies:"Le Manoir" for 10 persons - 4 stars
- private swimming pool
- private car-park
- walks in the forest. Nearby leisure : - fishing
- horse-riding and horseback outings, walks
- 15-hole golf course (15 km away)
- cycle tourism
- hot-air ballooning (12 km away)
- nautical sports on the Loire, lake, swimming, diving, windsurfing (9 km away)
- Châteaux: Langeais, Azay-le-Rideau, Villandry etc. Royal Abbey of Fontevraud. Citadel and old quarters of Chinon, wine areas of Bourgueil, Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil, Chinon, Saumur, Vouvray.
- Many museums. Shows Gizeux.