Château de la Haye, which stands in 15 hectares of grounds, welcomes you to the borders of Anjou and Armorica. It was built in 1911 according to plans by the Angevin architect Adrien Dubos, and stands out in comparison to the neo-gothic style so popular during the second half of the 19th century. Count Robert Retailliau received the château, and the thirteen neighbouring farms, as a wedding present. Concealed under the building’s classical architecture are techniques which belong to modern times and all the elegance of the mansions of the Belle Epoque. Your hosts welcome you to the property’s large lounges and spacious rooms, which have been entirely renovated.
Location and contact
► Blue Gift Key available - More
Breakfast : Included
Dinner : 35 € Opening period : Early April to mid-November Restauration : Table d'hôtes and restaurants nearby languages : English To come : - From Paris, follow the A11 motorway. Take the Durtal exit and follow signs for Le Lion d'Angers - Châteauneuf sur Sarthe.
- At Châteauneuf sur Sarthe, follow signs for Brissarthe at the traffic lights, then Contigné on the left 200m further on.
- 2km after Châteauneuf sur Sarthe, turn right towards Château de La Haye - the Château is 500m away.
- WiFi access Our cottages and furnished in dependencies:"Les Châtaigniers" for 6 persons - 3 stars
"Les Marronniers" for 6 persons - 3 stars
- comic book library Nearby leisure : - 2 golf courses (8km and 20km)
- river trips
- château du Plessis Bourré (12km)
- château de Montgeoffroy (25km)
- château de Serrant (35km)
- Solesmes abbey (25km)
- Angers (30km).