18 kms from the Mont Saint Michel lies the Boucéel estate that dates back to the beginning of the 12th century. The château built in 1763 is a listed historical monument and is still a family home today. Boucéel was the site of a violent struggle during the French Revolution when the Royalist chief du Boisguy spent here the night of December 5th 1795. Wandering in the romantic English garden with lakes and an island, ancient trees is a pure delight. The interior boasts superb carved wood panels, parquet floors, period antiques and family portraits blending harmoniously with modern comfort and stylish en suite bathrooms. Your hosts will welcome you as friends and share the enjoyment of their home.
Location and contact
Additionnal person : 40 €
Breakfast : Included Opening period : Open all year. Restauration : Restaurants nearby. languages : Spanish
English To come : - From Avranches, direction Mont Saint Michel, exit 34. On the N175 exit D40/Mont Saint Michel/Antrain, turn left towards Antrain.
- After 6 km ont the D40, turn left on to the D308 towards St Senier de Beuvron. Château entrance after 800 m. From Paris take the A10/A11 towards Laval, coming off at exit 4, direction Ernée-Fougères-Saint James. In Saint James continue on the D998 for 5 km before turning left to "Boucéel" (D308).
- helicopter landing opportunity front of the castle Pets : Pets not allowed.
- 2 family suites (1 twin beds), 2 or 3 people
- Bath, shower and private WC
- Free internet acces Our cottages and furnished in dependencies:"La Maison du Jardin" for 5 persons - 4 stars
"La Boulangerie" for 4 persons - 3 stars
"Le Pavillon de l'Oncle Bleu" for 5 persons - 3 stars
- french billiards
- woods Nearby leisure : - tennis (6 km)
- horse-riding (15 km)
- golf course (30 km)
- beach (18 km)
- Mont St Michel (18 km)
- crossing of the Bay
- St Malo (55 km)
- Granville (38 km)
- Dinan (50 km)
- Jersey and Guernesey Islands
- Bayeux (1h15)
- D-Day landing beaches (1h30)